Tips For Trip
1 pair strong, comfortable hiking boots
1 Medium/Large rucksack/ backpack
(max weight when loaded & carried by porter- 15 kg.)
1 sleeping bag- down-filling to zero cent or lower depending on trip altitude
1 day pack: +/- 10 litters
1Down jacket or all –weather Anorak-long(not short) with hood
1 Warm wooly hat
Gloves- quality and warmth subject to altitude and season
Sun-glasses-essential above snow –line
Sun-block/ Sun –Screen lotion(30-50 SPF) –essential for light-skinned people
1 Fleece or warm sweater
1 Sweat –shirt/light sweater
Torch/flash-light-with additional batteries
Shirts- long-sleeved, cotton and/ or thermal Tshirts
Trousers-2 pairs( warm or light –weight depending on trek altitude)
Short- 1 pair, cotton ( easy-dry)
Socks-2 pairs thick wool, 2 pair thin cotton
Underwear- various (& pracal)
Wind/water – proof zip-up jacket( nearly knee-length with hood)
Sport –shoes/sandals- light-weight
Personal toiletries/washing kit-item bio-degrade where possible
Basis band –Aid / moleskin/ blister kit
Water purifying tablets
Toilet paper ( for day-time- use)
- Day 01 :Arrive in Kathmandu (altitude:1350m) ?There will be Exguides’s leader with the company logo to pick you up from the Kathmandu Airport and after arriving in hotel,you’ll be inform by leader about the preparation for the trip.Included accommodation:Guest house.
Mode of transport:Chartered vehicle.
- Day 02 : Flight from kathmandu to Lukla (altitude:2840m)/Phakding(altitude:2620m) walking time approx 4 hrs ?Ready for the early morning scenic flight to Lukla and keep continue scenic way to Phakding for nightstop , after tea/coffee break in Lukla. Lukla itself beautiful village of Sherpa and Tamang people. Now cause of the tourism, halves of the houses of this area are tea houses but still agriculture is the main occupation of the people.Included accommodation:Tea house.
Included meal: No
Mode of transport:Chartered vehicle,Flight.
- Day 03 : Trek from phakding to Namche (altitude:3440m) walking time approx 6 hrs ?After breakfast your journey start to Namche.There are suspension bridges to cross the Dudkoshi river.Origin of this river is Khumbu glacier and Gokyo Lake( yours destination).You’ll stop for the tea/coffee and lunch break on the way. After lunch on the way up to Namche, you’ll see the tip of the Everest, if the weather is clear.Namche Bazar: Namche is the best place for the travelers,if someone is not well equip for the whole trip, you’ll get chance to buy/hire the trekking gear.Namche is the centre for the Khumbu region and has a police check post,the headquaters for Sagarmatha National Park,a bank,money exchange counters and several shops.There are bakery and pubs with pool tables also. The views are amazing from here and you’ll get chance to take lots of pictures and to enjoy it’s environs. Included accommodation :Tea house.
Included meal :No
- Day 04 : Namche(acclimatization day). ?Not good idea to get continue height in higher place.That’s why we suggest you to do acclimatize here,i.e.go to bit higher place where you can see better views also and come back to sleep on same height.This is the best way in the mountains.
From Namche it is steep one hour climb to the Shyangboche airstrip(3720m) and about 20 minutes further up hill about 3800m which offers the best views of Everest ,Amadablam and lots of other mountains .There is a small museum where you get some ideas of the mountains and mountaineers, landscape ,Sherpa culture and about the flora and fauna.Included accommodation:Tea house.
- Day 05 : Trek from namche to Dole (altitude:4200m) walking time approx 5 hrs ?One of the beautiful village with the beautiful view. On the way to Dole you may see some Mountain Goats(Thar) and Nepalese National Bird called Danfe. Most of the day you’ll see the mountain view from every stop and V-Shape mountain valley. Included accommodation:Tea house.
- Day 06 : Trek from dole to Machhermo (altitude:4470m) walking time approx 6 hrs ?Hope, you are enjoying more and more in these days cause of the views are getting better and you are getting higher than before everyday. Included accommodation:Tea house.
- Day 07 : Trek from machhermo to Gokyo (altitude:4790m) walking time approx 6 hrs ?This is the day for you destination,nice trail with small lakes up to the Gokyo. Gokyo is the one of the best place for the nature lover,mountain lover and for the peace lover.The water of the Gokyo lake welcome to you with it’s blue as a sky smile. Included accommodation:Tea house.
- Day 08 : Gokyo (altitude:5360m). ?The small ridge above the Gokyo lake called Gokyo Ri(5360m) which offers view of four above 8000m(Cho Oyu, Everest, Lhotse and Makalu)peaks including the attractive AmaaDablam, Thamsherku mountains and many more with the biggest Ngozumpa Glacier in Nepal.
The Gokyo Lake itself very beautiful and it’s not surprise to see green Braminy ducks sometimes. A rest day is worth spending to enjoy the views of surroundings.Included accommodation:Tea house.
- Day 09 : Trek from gokyo to Thangnak (altitude:4700m) walking time approx 3 hrs ?This is interesting glacier route to thangnak. This is the biggest glacier (Ngzumba glacier)which we have to cross. There are basic tea house in this place. But we don’t have to walk whole day to reach this place only half a day and rest of the day you can enjoy the surroundings. Included accommodation:Tea house.
- Day 10 : Trek from thangnak to after Chola Pass (altitude:5330m), Dzonglha (altitude:4830m) walking time approx 9 hrs?Ready for the Cho la( 5330m)pass with the great views of Himalayas. This trail and pass is part of the greater Himalayan trail. That’s why this is the day of bit challenging route to the Dzonglha.Included accommodation:Tea house.
- Day 11 : Trek from dzonglha to Lobuche (altitude:4910m) walking time approx 4 hrs ?This is bit easy day for you and after reaching the Lobuce, you’ll start to see Khumbu glacier with the surrounding view of mountains. Included accommodation:Tea house.
- Day 12 : Trek from Lobuche to Gorakshep (altitude:5140m) to Everest base camp (altitude:5364m) to back gorakship ?An early morning you proceed to Everest base camp through Gorekship,where you are going to stop for the night on the way back.Trail goes along with moraine of the Khumbu Glacier with the view of Mt. Everest along with Mt. Pumori, Mahalangur, Lingtern, Khumbutse, Nuptse, and you reached to Base Camp. Then we come back to Gorkship again! Included accommodation:Tea house.
- Day 13 : Trek from Gorakshep to Dingboche (altitude:4410m) walking time approx 2 hrs ?Another an early morning, to go up to the kala pather. Kal pather is best view point of Mt: Everest, even 180 panoramic views of mountains. approx 2 hrs to get kala patther top. After stunning view of Mt : Everest and glaciers,we come down to Gorakship and way back down to Dingboche. Included accommodation:Tea house.
- Day 14 : Trek from Dingboche to Tangboche (altitude:860m) ?The route leaves the Imaga valley, then crosses the Khumbu Khola via a wooden bridge, ascending to rejoin the upward trail near Orsho. We continue onwards to descend again, often passing several yak herders and tea shops near Shomare. Leaving behind alpine meadows, we reach the tree line again and our night stop in Tyangboche, the religious focal point of the Sherpas. Here we can visit the largest monastery in Nepal, founded in 1919 by Lama Gulu, a monk from Khumjung. Included accommodation:Tea house.
- Day 15 : Trek from Tangboche to Namche (altitude:3440m) walking time approx 4 hrs ?Approx 4 hrs walking to get Namche bazzer, we have a relax day today.Included accommodation:Tea house.
- Day 16 : Namche to Lukla (altitude2840m) ?Today is the last day of our Trek. After breakfast our trail descends steeply downwards toward Lukla through beautiful landscape of Sherpa villages, forest, mountains and hills. We cross the manju and phading and finally reach to lukla along with Dudhkoshi river. At evening we have a nice dinner together with our all team member. Included accommodation:Tea house.
- Day 17 : Fly from lukla back to Kathmandu (altitude1350). ?After breakfast fly back to Kathmandu, and then transfer to hotel, Rest of day at leisure and relax.Included accommodation:Guest house in Thamel.
Mode of transport:Flight,Chartered vehicle.
- Day 18 : Final departure back to home ?You will be transferred to the airport according to your flight schedule.Mode of transport:Chartered vehicle.
Airport pick up and drop,welcome dinner,accommodation in 3 star hotel 2 nights(in kathmandu),all ground trasportation as per the itinerary.,all necessary staff with experienced english speaking leader(guide)assitant and sherpa porter to carry luggage including their salary insurance food and lodging during trekking,all necessary paper works:trekking permits conservation permits,Tea House Accommodation During the trekking,All goverment Tax
nepal visa fee,foods and drinks,international airfare,extra night accommodotion in kathmandu because of early arrival late departure early return from mountain(due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary,travel insurance and rescue,personal expenses (phone call laundry bar bill extra porter),tips for guide and porters
No Trip Notes available.