Tips For Trip
Peak Climbing ExGuide
Important Note: Trekking Peak Climbing in Nepal takes place at low, middle and high altitude, for short and longer duration and at distinctly different times of year- and even has the distinction between tea house trekking and tented Camping. Thus this here is intended as a check a reminder and in conjunction with it, we can give you clear advice basedon, and adapted to, the particular trekking peak climbing in which you are involved.
Trekking Peak Climbing Equipment Can be hired ( cheaply & easily) in Kathmandu & Pokhara (many other items can of course be purchased)
Essential Personal Trekking Peak Climbing Equipment:
We ExGuides Treks and Expeditions would like to Suggest Correct clothing and Equipments are essential for a safe and enjoyable trekking peak climbing. Experienced trekker will often take only a selection of thsese items based on what has well worked in the past trekking peak climbing. Please find the right equipment list below for your personal trekking peak climbing use during your travel with ExGuides Treks and Expeditions.
For Peak Climbing Personal Equipment
- Ice Axe , Crampons , 2 X Tape Slings , Harness, 2 x screw gate Karabiners, Descender/ Abseil Device , Prussic Loops & Plastic Mountaineering Boots
- Running Shoes one pair for casual comfortable support shoes wear on light during walk days
- Light trekking boots one pair of sturdy trekking boots in which you wear a light sock under a warm heavy sock comfortably. Boots Sole should be flexible but still provide enough support for your feets. Boot should be water repellent.
- Wool sock three pair heavyweight wool socks to be worn over the liner sock. When layering sock , check fit over feets and inside boots. Remember please to keep one fresh , dry pair of sock available at all the times.
- Liner sock three pair of smooths thin wool , nylon of capilene to be worn next to the skin. This will reduce the incidence of blisters and hot-spot and makes the outer last longer before needing to changed. They have to fit well with your heavyweight sock.
- Clothing during trekking peak climbing
- Light weight long underwear two pair , tops and bottom , capilene , other synthetic or wools. No cotton please. Light weight is preferable as it is more skilled.
- Light trekking pant light weight nylon pants designed to be use while for trekking, also Quickly dry and provide sun protection.
- Light weight t-shirt and bandana for face masks
- Soft shell and hard shell jacket with hood , ExGuide recommend a waterproof breathable shell material with full fron zipper and outer layer protects against wind and rain.
- Hard shall pant with waterproof and breathable and long as you get them over your boot
- Handwear for peakclimbing
- Soft shell fleece gloves one pair and shell gloves with insulation one pair
- Headlamp and spare battries, good quality climber’s headlamp for use at night
- Sun hat with good visor provides protection for the nose and eyes
- Glass, 100% UV,IR ,high quality lenses designed for mountain use. If you wear contact lenses ExGuide recommended packing a spare pair of glasses. If you wear glasses ExGuide recommended prescription glacier glasses (gray)
- Sleeping Bag , good quality with hood to at least -20 degree
- Day Bagpack , day pack big enough to carry water bottles , camera , lunch and extra clothing .
- Trekking poles , this is only Optional
- Water treatment tablets and two water bottles with wide mount bottle 1 Litre capacity per water bottle
- Sunscreen , SPF 30 or more than 30 SPF make sure sun screen is not older than 6 months
- Lip screen , SPF more than 30 not older than 6 months.
- MP3 player this only optional
- Large duffle bag for your clothing
- Plastic bags for lining stuff sacks and keep your gear dry.
- Travel clothing for air travel days and time spent in kathmandu
- Personal first AID KIT (small and simple) for during trekking peak climbing
Please this above list is only ExGuide Treks Guideline for you. while you are required to bring everything on this list, there are numbers brands and option so all this trekking peak climbing equipment can hire and buy in Nepal. if you have any question please do not hesitate to give us call +977-01-4701324 or email us : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Day 01: Arrive in Kathmandu (altitude:1400m) ? Our tour leader will be at the airport with our company logo and transfer you to your accommodation in Thamel. The journey takes approximately 30 minutes. You will be briefed on your hotel, its surrounding areas and your trek. Included accommodation: Guest house in thamel . Chartered vehicle.
- Day 02: In Kathmandu -Pre Departure meeting ? today we will pre-departure meeting and checking climbing equipment if you need rest or buy. included accomodation : Guest House in Thamel
- Day 03: Fly to lukla and trek to Phakding, (30 min fly), (altitude:2610m), walking time approx 3 hrs ? We fly to Lukla (2,820m/45mins) and trek to Phakding 2,610m walking time approx 3hrs ) for an overnight stay. An early morning flight to the gateway of the Khumbu region, home to the legendary Sherpas. overnight stay at tea house
- Day 04: Trek from Phakding to Namche Bazaar (altitude:3440m), walking time approx 7/8 hrs ? Namche Bazaar is the biggest Sherpa capital in the Khumbu. At Dudh Koshi, the trail climbs north through forests of rhododendron, magnolia and giant firs, to the village of Jorsalle where we break for lunch. En route via pass Stupas and pray wheels in the region. We have a steep climb for 3 hrs before arriving in Namche Bazaar. This is the last village where we find hot showers. Internet facilities are available and the world’s highest post office is situated here. overnight stay at tea house
- Day 05: Namche Bazaar – Acclimatization day (altitude:3800m), walking time approx 3 hrs ? We visit (3800m) Panorama from where we can view the majestic Mount Everest, Ama Dablam and panoramic views over Namche Bazaar. You have the afternoon free to explore the Sherpa Capital. overnight stay at tea house
- Day 06: Trek from Namche bazaar to Tengboche (altitude:3860m), walking time approx 5 hrs ? After breakfast our trail climbs up towards Tangboche. We pass the dense rhododendron forest where you can opportunity to se musk deer. Finally we reached at Tengboche by passing though Phunkitenga. Here we get opportunity to visit largest Buddhist monastery of Khumbu region. Overnight stay at lodge. Here we get opportunity to see Panoramic views of Mt. Everest, Kwngde 96187m), Tawache (6542m), Nuptse(7855m) Lhotse (8618m), Amadablam (6856m) thanserku(6608m) and other snow capped mountain. overnight stay at tea house
- Day 07: Trek from Tengboche to Dingboche (altitude:4410m), walking time approx 6/7 hrs ? It is the highest place were the locals grow crops. Trekking past Gompa where the famous Yeti sculpture is situated. At Pangboche we find yak pastures and the Spartan lives of Sherpas springs to life. The majority of our walk in this area is of comparatively gentle gradient, although a leisurely pace is recommended due to the high altitude. overnight stay at tea house
- Day 08: Dingboche – Acclimatization day (altitude:4700m), walking time approx 3 hrs ? You have the option to hike to Ama Dablam base camp (approx 4780 m) or stay at the tea-house. Dingboche has one of the best view points in the Khumbu region, including Makalu, Mount Everest, Thamserku, Ama Dablam, Tabuche Peak, Cholache, Khangtga etc. overnight stay at tea house
- Day 09: Trek from Dingboche to Chukum (altitude:4710m), walking time approx 3 hrs ? Here our trail diverts from the Everest trail as we head eastwards. We trek away from the village into the mountains. We are left with the silence of the mountains as they surround us. It is here where the Nepalese train and acquire their climbing techniques. overnight stay at tea house
- Day 10 : Chukum- Acclimatization day (altitude:5500m), walking time approx 4 hrs ? today we have final acclimatization it help lots before you climb island peak. you will walk up to chukung-ri and back to chukung and rest of your afternoon time you may pre-pare climbing equipment for island peak. overnight stay at tea house
- Day11: Trek from Chukum to Island Peak Base Camp (altitude:5089m), walking time approx 3 hrs ? We arrive at Island Peak Base Camp .Everest’s two forward sentinels; the giants of Nuptse and Lhotse crowd the northern peak-line with Lhotse’s glacier forming the ice valley to our left. We have a steady gradual ascent yet the sense of expectation is kicking-in. First the moraine; the detritus dumped by the Lhotse and Imja glaciers, the scramble over rock-strewn terrain, the crossing of the dry lake-bed, the grassy slopes, to Base Camp. after arrive island peak base camp climbing leader will teach you basic climbing traning , like ascent and desent. overnight stay at tents
- Day 12:Trek from Base camp to Island Peak Summit (altitude:6189m) walking time approx 7/8 hrs to Chukum? Occasional cairns mark the route on the ascent. The scenery from our High Camp is awesome; in the words of Bill O’Connor: ‘The Peak provides some of the most striking scenery in the Khumbu. If it can be likened to an island in a glacial sea then the mainland forms a semicircle of cliffs that rise in the north to the rugged summits of Nuptse (7,879 m), Lhotse (8,501 m), Lhotse Middle Peak (8,410 m), and Lhotse Shar (8,383 m). To the east, rising above the frozen waves of the Lhotse Shar Glacier, is Cho Polu (6,734 m) beyond which can be seen the red granite mass of Makalu (8,475 m). To the south of the Imja glacier the icy fluting of Baruntse (7,720 m) and the Amphu peaks lead the eye to the lofty pinnacle of Ama Dablam (6,856m) which is like a giant sea-stack guarding the entrance to the glacial bay in which Island Peak stands”. (Bill O’Connor, ‘Nepal Trekking Peaks’, 1997). After summiting Island Peak we desent to Chukum. overnight stay at tea house
- Day 13: Trek from Chukum to Tangboche (altitude:3860m) walking time approx 5 hrs ? We overnight at Tangboche and will visit Tengboche Monastery. The monastery is one of the most popular monasteries in the world. overnight stay at tea house
- Day 14: Trek from Tengboche to Namche (altitude:3440m) walking time approx 4 hrs ? We have a long way down to Namche Bazaar where we break for lunch and continue to Manjo. overnight stay at tea house
- Day 15: Trek from Namche to Lukla (altitude:2840m), walking time approx 6 hrs ? An easy and relaxed journey up and down through scrub forests and a final steep ascent leading to a Tamang village and onwards to Lukla. Time to relax in Sherpa ambience as we celebrate our last night in the mountains. overnight stay at tea house
- Day 16: Fly back to Kathmandu (30 min fly) ? Short, spectacular flight back to Kathmandu. Our journey concludes and you have leisure time to relaxing or exploring, do some shopping or chilling out. Group meeting for ‘end of the trek’ celebration dinner. included accomodation : Guest house in thamel
- Day 17: Final Departure back to home ? You will be transferred to the airport according to your flight schedule.
Airport pick up and drop,Welcome Dinner,Accommodation in a 3-star hotel 3 night in kathmandu B/B,Domestic Flights both way (kathmandu to lukla and lukla to kathmandu ),Climbing Guide and Porters All necessary staff with Experienced English Speaking Climbing Guide and Porter to carry your luggage including their salary and food and insurnace and lodging during trekking,All food and Drinks During trekking and island peak climbing,Island peak climbing permits,Climbing Equipment for Island Peak,All trekking permits and Sagarmatha national park fee,All goverment and local taxes
Extra Accommodation in kathmandu because of early arrival and late departure and early return from mountain due to any reason than scheduled itinerary,Travel insurance and rescue,Personal climbing Gear,Tips for Climbing Guide and Porter
No Trip Notes available.