Tips For Trip
Peak Climbing ExGuide
Important Note: Trekking Peak Climbing in Nepal takes place at low, middle and high altitude, for short and longer duration and at distinctly different times of year- and even has the distinction between tea house trekking and tented Camping. Thus this here is intended as a check a reminder and in conjunction with it, we can give you clear advice basedon, and adapted to, the particular trekking peak climbing in which you are involved.
Trekking Peak Climbing Equipment Can be hired ( cheaply & easily) in Kathmandu & Pokhara (many other items can of course be purchased)
Essential Personal Trekking Peak Climbing Equipment:
We ExGuides Treks and Expeditions would like to Suggest Correct clothing and Equipments are essential for a safe and enjoyable trekking peak climbing. Experienced trekker will often take only a selection of thsese items based on what has well worked in the past trekking peak climbing. Please find the right equipment list below for your personal trekking peak climbing use during your travel with ExGuides Treks and Expeditions.
For Peak Climbing Personal Equipment
- Ice Axe , Crampons , 2 X Tape Slings , Harness, 2 x screw gate Karabiners, Descender/ Abseil Device , Prussic Loops & Plastic Mountaineering Boots
- Running Shoes one pair for casual comfortable support shoes wear on light during walk days
- Light trekking boots one pair of sturdy trekking boots in which you wear a light sock under a warm heavy sock comfortably. Boots Sole should be flexible but still provide enough support for your feets. Boot should be water repellent.
- Wool sock three pair heavyweight wool socks to be worn over the liner sock. When layering sock , check fit over feets and inside boots. Remember please to keep one fresh , dry pair of sock available at all the times.
- Liner sock three pair of smooths thin wool , nylon of capilene to be worn next to the skin. This will reduce the incidence of blisters and hot-spot and makes the outer last longer before needing to changed. They have to fit well with your heavyweight sock.
- Clothing during trekking peak climbing
- Light weight long underwear two pair , tops and bottom , capilene , other synthetic or wools. No cotton please. Light weight is preferable as it is more skilled.
- Light trekking pant light weight nylon pants designed to be use while for trekking, also Quickly dry and provide sun protection.
- Light weight t-shirt and bandana for face masks
- Soft shell and hard shell jacket with hood , ExGuide recommend a waterproof breathable shell material with full fron zipper and outer layer protects against wind and rain.
- Hard shall pant with waterproof and breathable and long as you get them over your boot
- Handwear for peakclimbing
- Soft shell fleece gloves one pair and shell gloves with insulation one pair
- Headlamp and spare battries, good quality climber’s headlamp for use at night
- Sun hat with good visor provides protection for the nose and eyes
- Glass, 100% UV,IR ,high quality lenses designed for mountain use. If you wear contact lenses ExGuide recommended packing a spare pair of glasses. If you wear glasses ExGuide recommended prescription glacier glasses (gray)
- Sleeping Bag , good quality with hood to at least -20 degree
- Day Bagpack , day pack big enough to carry water bottles , camera , lunch and extra clothing .
- Trekking poles , this is only Optional
- Water treatment tablets and two water bottles with wide mount bottle 1 Litre capacity per water bottle
- Sunscreen , SPF 30 or more than 30 SPF make sure sun screen is not older than 6 months
- Lip screen , SPF more than 30 not older than 6 months.
- MP3 player this only optional
- Large duffle bag for your clothing
- Plastic bags for lining stuff sacks and keep your gear dry.
- Travel clothing for air travel days and time spent in kathmandu
- Personal first AID KIT (small and simple) for during trekking peak climbing
Please this above list is only ExGuide Treks Guideline for you. while you are required to bring everything on this list, there are numbers brands and option so all this trekking peak climbing equipment can hire and buy in Nepal. if you have any question please do not hesitate to give us call +977-01-4701324 or email us : email@example.com
- Day 01: Arrive in Kathmandu (Altitude:1400m)?Our tour leader will be at the airport with our company’s logo. Once you will met the leader you will be warmly welcomed and will be transferred via chartered vehicle to the hotel in Kathmandu which will require approx. half an hour’s drive through roads and intricate streets. And after check-in at the hotel and refreshing, you will be briefed regarding your hotel, its surrounding areas and your wonderful tour itself.
Included accommodation: Hotel in Thamel
Mode of transport: Chartered vehicle
- Day 02 : In Kathmandu pre-departure meeting ? today before going trekking pre-brief of trekking and peak climbing evencheck Equipment check and if you need to rent or buy rest of afternoon
- Day 03: Flight to lukla and trek to phakding 30min fly , (Altitude:2610m) ,walking time approx 3hrs ?Fly to Lukla (2,820m/45mins) & trek to Phakding ( altitude 2,610m/3hrs approx) you’ll stay in phakding. An early morning thrilling flight to the gateway to the region of the legendary Sherpas. Phakding also nice little place to stay.
- Day 04: Trek from Phakding to Namche Bazaar, (Altitude:3440m), walking time approx 6/7 hrs?The largest village often called the ‘Sherpa Capital’ of Khumbu. Dudh Koshi, the trail climbs north through forests of rhododendron, magnolia and giant firs, to the village of Jorsalle for lunch, before ascending. After having a lunch, about 3 hrs walking you’ll get namche bazzer.
- Day 05: Namche Bazzer- Acclimatization day (Altitude:3800m), walking time approx 3 hrs ?This day you’ll be doing acclimatization. it’s mean you go little high altitude, place, call panorama. From panorama you see first everest view also panoramic view and come back to namche bazzer have a luch. After lunch you get free time, namche bazzer is nice place to spend time. Even acclimatization is most important for us to go high altitude.
- Day 06: Trek from Namche to Tengboche (Altitude:3860m), walking time approx 6 hrs ?After breakfast our trail climbs up towards Tangboche. We pass the dense rhododendron forest where you can opportunity to se musk deer. Finally we reached at Tengboche by passing though Phunkitenga. Here we get opportunity to visit largest Buddhist monastery of Khumbu region. Overnight stay at lodge. Here we get opportunity to see Panoramic views of Mt. Everest, Kwngde 96187m), Tawache (6542m), Nuptse(7855m) Lhotse (8618m), Amadablam (6856m) thanserku(6608m) and other snow capped mountain
- Day 07: Trek from Tengboche to Dingboche (Altitude:4410m), walking time approx 6 hrs ?It is the highest place were the locals grow crops. Trekking past Gompa where the famous Yeti sculpture is situated. At Pangboche we find yak pastures and the Spartan lives of Sherpas springs to life. The majority of our walk in this area is of comparatively gentle gradient, although a leisurely pace is recommended due to the high altitude.
- Day 08: Dingboche- Acclimatization Day (Altitude:4700m),walking time approx 3hrs ?Another acclimatization day here. A second acclimatisation day, with optional hike to ama dablam base camp (approx 4780m). one of best view point of khumbu region, including Makalu, mt:everest, thamserku, ama dablam, tabuche peak, cholache, khangtga etc. From ama dublam base camp you can see panoramic views of mountaints
- Day 09:Trek from Dingboche to lowboche (Altitude:4910m), walking time approx 6 hrs?Today our trail moves up towards Lobuche. We cross the Phalangkarpo(4340m) and Duglha (4620m) during our trail. From Dughla our trek climb up the steep terminal moraine of the Khumbu glacier. We found our way through the boulder -strewn slope as we ascent Chupki Lhara, which offers Dynamic mountain views. It is a trip point where we can see many flags used as memory of mountaineer. As the trail descends to the Khumbu Glacier moraine, we get chance to face to face with many highest peaks. Walking along the Khumbu Glacier, finally we reached at Lobuche, Overnight stay at Lodges.
- Day 10: Trek from Lobuche to Gorekshep to Everest Base Camp (Altitude:5360m) to back Gorakship( Altitude 5140m), walking time approx 8/9hrs ?This an early morning you got a wake to off to everest base camp even this your final day you are going to reach top of world’s highest base camp so, our trail Goes along with moraine of the Khumbu Glacier with the view of Mt. Everest along with Mt. Pumori, Mahalangur, Lingtern, Khumbutse, Nuptse, and you reached gorakship when you get there have early lunch again! After lunch we are going to make base camp it’s take approx 3 hrs, and you’ll reached base camp, wow! This your day even whole your everest base trekking about. you spend time as you like! Then we come back to gorkship again!
- Day 11 :Early morning trek to Kala Pathar (Altitude:5550m), walking time 3hrs back to Gorekshep to Dingboche (4410m) walking time approx 6hrs ?Another an early moning, to go up to the kala pather. Kal pather is best view point of Mt: everest,even 180 panoromic views of mountaints. approx 2 hrs to get kala pather top. After seeing closest view of Mt:everest we come down to gorakship and we on the way back down to Dingboche
- Day 12: Trek from Dingboche to Chukum (Altitude:4710m), walking time approx 3hrs ?Today our route diverts from the Everest trail eastwards as we head into a world only of mountains. Boots on boulders seem only to add to the prevailing silence. At the same time it is also used for ‘dry’ instruction in ‘above-the-snowline’ mountain techniques.
- Day13: Trek from Chukum to Island peak base camp (Altitude:5089m), walking time approx 3hrs?wel come to the island peak base camp.Everest’s two forward sentinels, the giants of Nuptse and Lhotse, crowd the northern peak-line with Lhotse’s glacier forming the ice valley to our left. Today is no more than a steady quite gradual ascent yet the sense of expectation is kicking-in. First the moraine; the detritus dumped by the Lhotse and Imja glaciers, the scramble over rock-strewn terrain, the crossing of the dry lake-bed, the grassy slopes, to Base Camp.
- Day 14:Base camp to Island Peak SUMMIT (Altitude:6168m), walking time approx 7/8hrs back to Chukum? Here you are, you going to summit of island peak ( 6189m )Occasional cairns mark the upward route. In line with conditions becoming pretty uncompromising, the instructional comments of an experienced guide in whom you are fast finding confidence will not fall on deaf ears. The spectacle from High Camp is awesome; in the words of Bill O’Connor: … ‘The Peak provides some of the most striking scenery in the Khumbu. If it can be likened to an island in a glacial sea then the mainland forms a semicircle of cliffs that rise in the north to the rugged summits of Nuptse (7,879m), Lhotse (8,501m), Lhotse Middle Peak (8,410m), and Lhotse Shar (8,383m). To the east, rising above the frozen waves of the Lhotse Shar Glacier, is Cho Polu (6,734m) beyond which can be seen the red granite mass of Makalu (8,475m). To the south of the Imja glacier the icy fluting of Baruntse (7,720m) and the Amphu peaks lead the eye to the lofty pinnacle of Ama Dablam (6,856m) which is like a giant sea-stack guarding the entrance to the glacial bay in which Island Peak stands’. (See Bill O’Connor, ‘Nepal Trekking Peaks’, 1997.) All of this….and not even a mention of Everest. After summiting island peak you desend back to chukum.
- Day 15: Trek from Chukum to Tengboche (Altitude:3860m),walking time approx 6hrs?This day you’ll coming on the way back you are going stay tangboche which is approaches the holy ground of Tengboche. Monastery. This monastery is one of the most popular in the world
- Day 16: Trek from Tengboche to Namche (Altitude:3440m), walking time approx 6 hrs ? Early arrive namche bazzar rest of afternoon relaxing
- Day 17: Trek from Namche to Lukla (Altitude:2840m), walking time approx 6/7 hrs ?trek to down to Jorsalle and the trail followed is almost easy, up and down through scrub forests and a final steep ascent leading to a Tamang village and so to Lukla, where the time to relax in Sherpa ambience is abundant, you enjoy your last night in mountain.
- Day 18: Flight from lukla back to Kathmand (Altitude:1350m), Fly 30min?Short, spectacular flight back to Kathmandu. Trek ends – own time; relaxing or exploring, shopping or chilling out. Group meets for ‘end of the trek’ celebration dinner.
- Day 19: Final departure back to home? you will be transferred to the airport according to your flight schedule Mode of transport: Chartered vehicle
Airport pick up and drop,Welcome dinner,Accommodation (during the trekking),domestic flight (both way),climbing guide & porters all necessary staff with experienced english speaking leader (climbing guide) assistant and sherpa porter to carry luggage including their salary insurance food and lodging during trekking,hotel in thamel 2 night B/B,island peak climbing permits,climbing equipment for island peak,all trekking permits,transports,all government tax
Nepal visa fee,food and drinks,international airfare,extra night accommodation in kathmandu because of early arrival late departure early return from mountain(due any reason)than scheduled itinerary,travel insurance and rescue,tips for guides and porter,extra unforseen expences,personal climbing gear.
No Trip Notes available.